These baked beans get an extra smoky kick from crispy bacon, warm paprika and flavorful barbecue sauce. It pairs perfectly with just about any grilled main.
- 6 strips uncooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can barbecue baked beans
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup favorite barbecue sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
Put medium-sized sauce pot on grill over medium-high heat, add bacon and sauté until browned and fat has rendered out, about 5 minutes.2.
Remove cooked bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; leave reserved bacon fat in pan.3.
Add onions and garlic to pan and sauté until caramelized, about 3 to 4 minutes.4.
Add baked beans, 2/3 of cooked bacon, paprika and black pepper into pan. Bring to a boil then simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Add barbecue sauce, if using, and stir to combine.5.
Garnish baked beans with reserved 1/3 chopped bacon and chopped parsley.