I love this dish because it's simple, flavorful and healthy. It's a great accompaniment to any dish.
Technique tip: Buy pre-washed spinach to avoid sand and save time.
Swap option: You can use baby kale instead.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red Fresno chile or small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 pound baby spinach, washed twice and dried
- Sea salt, to taste
1. In a large non-reactive saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic and chile and saute until they just barely start to toast.
3. Add the spinach and salt. Toss frequently like a stir-fry until just wilted, serve.