- 1 pound baby red potatoes, rinsed and halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 tablespoon salt + more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (half a 4-ounce log), crumbled
- 1 large handful basil leaves, chopped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped)
- Add the potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt to a medium (about 2-3 quart) saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Cover and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Uncover and cook the potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and toss with the olive oil, goat cheese and basil. Add salt to taste and serve warm.