- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 4 cup assorted herbs, sprouts and baby lettuces
- 2 cup macintosh apples
- 1 cup side smoked trout, skin removed, divided into 4 pieces
In a small bowl, whisk together apple cider, vinegar, mustard and shallot.
Slowly whisk in oil, a little at a time, until emulsified.
Add maple syrup and season with salt and pepper.
Toss salad greens with some of the vinaigrette in a mixing bowl, being careful not to crush the delicate greens (clean hands are best for this).
Season with salt and pepper.
Just before serving (so the apples don’t turn brown), on a mandoline or using a very sharp knife, thinly slice apples lengthwise.
Fan out about 5 slices in the center of each plate.
Top apples with a nice pile of greens and a piece of smoked trout.
Drizzle with extra vinaigrette and serve.