- 3/4 pound ripe tomatoes, rinsed and drained, stems removed
- 2 avocados, peeled, pit removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1½ limes, juiced (about 4½ tablespoons)
- 1 jalapeño, cored and seeded, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup minced scallion tops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon salt
This fresh and easy recipe will become your go-to salsa for the summer season.
Technique tip: Remove the seeds and the white rib that connects the seeds to the pepper to reduce the spiciness.
Swap option: Use peppers with more or less heat depending on your preference. Habaneros will add more spice and poblanos will give you less.
Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut into 1/2-inch dice and put in a serving bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and carefully stir to mix evenly. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.