This is the salad I always crave. And it takes minutes to make. Less than that, even! It's just beautiful ripe avocados layered with thinly sliced red onions, lime juice, olive oil and a bit of salt.
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
1. Cut avocados in half, remove the pit, and cut in half again. Slide off the peel and slice lengthwise. Scatter avocado slices on a serving platter.
2. Top with sliced onions.
3. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil. Season generously to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve immediately with additional lime wedges.