- 4 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 4 tomatillos, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (seeds and ribs optional, depending on heat preference)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of one lime
Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl, and stir. Taste, and then season with salt.
- Tools needed: Nothing fancy required! A hand-held citrus juicer is convenient for the limes, but definitely not necessary.
- Ingredient swap: if you're not a fan of heat, you can omit the jalapeno entirely. Or, if you like things spicy, use a serrano pepper instead!
- Time-saving tip: Make this the night before, but leave out the avocado. The rest of the ingredients will marinate together nicely, but avocado tends to get too soft. Add the avocado just before serving.