For former "Real Housewives of Orange County" star Heather Dubrow and her plastic surgeon husband, Terry Dubrow, this hummus recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. Made from avocados, it's their youngest daughter Coco's favorite snack, and pairs nicely with chips or as a spread on wraps and sandwiches.
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro sprigs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Scoop the avocado flesh into a food processor. Add the tahini, sunflower seeds, shallot, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, cumin and pepper. Puree until well-blended.2.
With the machine running, stream in the oil and continue blending until smooth. Add water if necessary to loosen the consistency. Serve immediately or refrigerate.