- 1 tablespoon chile piquín (chile powder type), plus more for dipping salt
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for dipping salt
- 1 whole avocado, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- I cup rice flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 limes, cut in half
- 2 cups cilantro, with stems
- 1 cup (packed) spinach
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
For the fries:
Combine chile piquín and salt
Toss avocado wedges in rice flour, shake lightly to remove excess.
Fry avocados in vegetable oil (350 degree F) for 5 minutes.
Remove from oil, place on paper towels to drain and season with chile piquín and salt.
Dip lime halves into chile piquín and salt mixture. Squeeze the dipped lime over the avocado fries when ready to eat. Serve with a side of cilantro crema.
For the cilantro crema:
In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Lorena Garcia's New Taco Classics, published by arrangement with Celebra, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2015 by Lorena Garcia.