- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white grapes
- 1 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Williams pear, cut into cubes
- 1/2 bag Mesclun greens, cleaned and washed
- 1 cup walnuts
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper and oregano, to taste
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese, cut into cubes
This salad has some serious crunch! The toasty walnuts and crisp cabbage give it great texture, while the juicy grapes and ripe pears add a subtle sweetness.
For the balsamic dressing:
Place balsamic vinegar, mustard and shallots in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the oils, then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
For the salad:
In large bowl, combine all ingredients, and toss with the balsamic dressing. Season with salt, pepper and oregano, if desired. Plate the salad greens and top with crumbled gorgonzola cheese.