- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1½ cups cooked rice noodles
- Honey sriricha shrimp
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 carrots, shaved with vegetable peeler
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 8 plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups torn butter lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
This portable salad is perfect for a healthy meal to eat when you're on the go. It's layered with crisp veggies, fresh herbs, rice noodles and a flavorful dressing.
For the dressing:
Place all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
For the salad:
Take your four Mason jars and divide the dressing evenly between the jars followed by the cabbage, noodles, shrimp, scallions, carrots, pepper, tomatoes, fresh herbs, lettuce and sesame seeds, layered in that order to prevent sogginess.
Place the lids on each jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Make sure you keep the jar up right so that the dressing doesn't get to the rest of the salad ingredients.
When you're ready to eat, shake the jar vigorously to evenly distribute the salad dressing. Then enjoy!