- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cup garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon scallions, thinly slice
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms, trimmed, washed and dried (any combination of oyster, shiitake, or trumpet mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup frozen or canned artichoke hearts or bottoms, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach, trimmed, washed, and pat dried
- 3 tablespoon soft unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pound fresh linguine, spaghetti or fettuccine
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 2 tablespoons salt.2.
Meanwhile, in a large 12-inch sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium to high heat or until almost smoking.
Add the garlic and scallions, sauté until lightly brown.
Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté until mushrooms are soft, follow by adding cherry tomatoes and artichokes; season with salt and pepper.
Continue to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes; set aside.3.
Drop the pasta into boiling water and cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; drain.4.
Add the hot pasta to the large sauté pan containing the vegetables by stirring gently over medium heat.
Add the peas, spinach and soft butter, toss until butter is melted and spinach is wilted.
Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.