- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (one 14-ounce package), preferably Dufour (dufour pastrykitchens.com), thawed
- 3/4 cup ground toasted walnuts
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten for egg wash
- 4 apricots, pitted and each cut into 8 wedges
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries (about 2 to 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Roll out pastry to a 13-by-15-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; trim edges with a knife. Transfer to a baking sheet; freeze for at least 30 minutes or overnight.2. Combine walnuts, brown sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brush pastry with egg wash, avoiding edges so that egg doesn’t drip over sides. Score a line around edge of pastry using a knife to create a 3/4-inch border (do not cut all the way through). Cover center with walnut mixture. Arrange apricots and blackberries on top. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.3. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400°. Bake until pastry is golden brown and fruit is soft, about 30 minutes more. Let cool.
Storage: Tart can be refrigerated for up to 2 hours.