- 4 apples, such as Gala or Fuji, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries (5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an 8-inch square baking pan, toss apples, lemon juice and cherries.
- Whisk together sugar, a pinch of salt, the cinnamon and flour. Add half the sugar mixture to apples; stir to combine.3. Stir together oats and remaining sugar mixture. Add butter and stir. Evenly pat oat-butter mixture over apples. Bake until oats are golden, apples are tender and the juices are bubbling, 40 to 50 minutes.