One of the best things about making polenta is that can be a one-pot dish. Heat up some leftover bolognese and you have a delectable meal that can feed a very hungry family.
Technique tip: The Scotto secret to an extra creamy and rich polenta is folding in mascarpone cheese at the very end.
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups instant polenta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and slowly add the polenta, stirring constantly for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Remove the polenta from the heat.
4. Stir in mascarpone and Parmesan cheeses, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Portion the polenta into bowls and top each serving with the Bolognese sauce.