These tomatoes are the crescendo of what mother nature has been working on all season long! Pairing the sweet and tart tomatoes with creamy and tangy goat cheese makes this salad really exceptional.
Technique tip: Dress the arugula with a little extra virgin olive oil, some type of acid like red wine vinegar and salt.
Swap option: If you don't want to use goat cheese, you can substitute with ricotta or mozzarella! There is nothing better than summer tomato season.
- 1 cup baby arugula, washed
- 1/4 cup high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 5 to 6 assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges and various other shapes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 slices grilled baguette
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
1. In a small bowl toss the arugula with 1 tablespoon each of the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with salt. Divide the arugula between 2 serving plates.
2. Toss the tomatoes with the remaining olive oil, vinegar, oregano and salt. Arrange the tomatoes on the serving plates.
3. Spread 1 ounce of goat cheese onto each slice of grilled bread. Serve 2 slices of grilled bread with goat cheese with each plate.