- 2 Russet potatoes
- 2 slice bacon
- 2 tablespoon minced white or red onions
- 1 tablespoon minced chives or green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard or 2 heaping teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3/10 cup vinaigrette
Place potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water; add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil.
Cook the potatoes for approximately 15 minutes, until just slightly firm when pierced with a fork.
Drain potatoes and cover with cold water.
Once cool to the touch, peel the potatoes; split them lengthwise and thickly slice (1/8 inch thick).
Place sliced potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
Dice the bacon and sauté until slightly crisp.
Pour the hot bacon, grease and all, (that’s the best part and the secret of Papa’s recipe) onto the potatoes.
Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently using a rubber spatula.
Salt and pepper to taste.