Samantha Okazaki / TODAY
Use Al's favorite rub on your next brisket and we guarantee you'll be thrilled with the juicy result.
- 1 whole brisket, fat trimmed to ¼” thick (about 10 pounds)
Al's BBQ Rub
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- Mix all rub ingredients together.
- Rub each side of brisket with about ½ cup rub. Do this the night before if time allows.
- Prepare the grill or smoker for long-term cooking. Place brisket fat side up onto grill and close lid. Keep temperature between 275 – 325F, and let brisket cook low and slow, about 8 hours.