All That Glitters is light, crisp, and full of holiday flavor. If a guest is feeling a touch under the weather, you can up the ginger and clove and omit the Champagne for a satisfying herbal decoction.
- 5 slices cucumber
- 3 wedges ginger, plus 1 for garnish
- 3 cloves
- 1/4 ounce fresh squeezed pomelo or grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce St. Germain
- 3 ounces Champagne or sparkling wine
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine the cucumber, ginger, cloves and juice. Gently muddle until the ginger hits your nose.
2. Add the St. Germain and ice. Shake vigorously for a count of 20, then strain the into a well-chilled, wide-bowled wine glass. Pour the Champagne in a circular motion along the edges of the glass and garnish with a wedge of ginger.