Sometimes these disappear even faster than the burgers, ribs or chicken at a cookout.
- 1 summer squash, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes
- 15-20 white mushrooms
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Soak 8 to 10 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes so they do not burn on the grill.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan.
3. Place the vegetables on the skewers, in a pattern if possible. Once skewered, drizzle the olive oil on both sides and season the kabobs with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until marked and tender. Using tongs, remove the skewers and place them on a large platter.