Sometimes it's nice to enjoy a restaurant-quality meal without leaving the comfort of your own home. This succulent lamb with tender potatoes has all the flavor and flair of a dinner out and is quick and easy enough to make in your own kitchen.
- One 3-pound bag tri-color potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 racks of lamb, room temperature
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wash the potatoes and cut into quarters.
3. Toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add to a foil lined sheet tray. Roast potatoes, stirring once, until golden brown and tender, about 30 minutes.
For the lamb:
1. Rub the racks of lamb with olive oil. Generously season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. In a hot cast iron skillet, sear lamb chops until nice and golden, about 4 minutes on each side.
3. Arrange the rack bone side down. Add the skillet to the pre-heated oven to finish cooking, 12-18 minutes depending on the degree of doneness you want. Medium rare is 130°F-140°F. Let rack rest for 10 minutes before carving.