- 2 racks lamb spareribs (about 2 pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground sesame seeds (use spice grinder or mortar and pestle)
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bunch large asparagus, thick ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (measured before chopping)
- 1 lemon, for squeezing
This warm and flavorful rub is perfect with the meaty lamb. These ribs are fool-proof and will be a hit every time you make them.
Technique tip: Use a grill or the oven. Make sure and grill over indirect heat.
Swap option: You use beef or pork ribs.
For the lamb ribs:1.
Preheat grill or oven to 250°F.2.
Pat ribs dry and let sit at room temp while making the rub.3.
Combine all spices and sprinkle evenly over ribs. Let sit for at room temperature for at least an hour.4.
Place the ribs on the grill over indirect heat or place on sheet pan in preheated oven.5.
Cook the ribs for 3 hours, flipping them every 30 minutes.6.
Let ribs sit 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
For the asparagus:1.
Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.2.
Grill over direct heat for about 6 minutes, flipping twice.3.
Garnish with freshly chopped mint and a squeeze of lemon.