When enjoying a heartier main dish, swapping starchy potatoes for a veggie like cauliflower is the way to go. This cruciferous vegetable really shines with black pepper, garlic and butter blended into the creamy puree. No one will miss the mashed potatoes when you're serving this dish!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 gallon (8 cups) whole milk
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons butter
1. Break the head of cauliflower up into evenly sized florets.
2. Place the florets and peeled, whole garlic cloves in a large pot. Pour in the milk (it should just barely cover the cauliflower). Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Once the cauliflower becomes fork tender, drain milk, but do not discard the garlic. Place the cooked florets and garlic cloves into a food processor with butter and pulse until smooth.
4. Season with salt and pepper while pulsing. Add more as desired.
5. Plate and serve.