Al uses olive oil with a high smoke point in his marinade so that the shrimp doesn't burn, keeping the shell on to ensure the smokiest flavor possible.
Special kitchen equipment required: Grill pan
Technique tip: Leave the shells on for extra flavor.
Swap option: If you don’t have Old Bay seasoning, mix equal parts cayenne pepper and paprika.
- 1 pound shrimp, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the grill pan directly on the grill to get warm.
2. In a bowl, toss shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and olive oil. Heavily season with salt and pepper.
3. Place directly on the grill pan on the grill. Sear on one side, 3 minutes. Flip and do the same. Shrimp will be pink in color when done.
4. Peel and eat!