Al loves this recipe, which will be featured on the menu at the TODAY Cafe at the Universal Orlando Resort (!), because it packs on loads of flavor and texture while still keeping it healthy.
(Universal Orlando Resort is part of our parent company, NBCUniversal.)
- 1 slice farmer's white bread, toasted
- 2 heaping tablespoons smashed avocado
- 4 rings grilled red onion
- 6 pieces artichoke hearts, halved
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 pickle slices
- 8 strips roasted red peppers
- 4 drops roasted tomato aioli, homemade or store-bought
- 8 leaves spring mix lettuce
- 1 pinch salt
1. Spread smashed avocado over entire slice of toasted bread.
2. Garnish with grilled red onions, artichoke, sliced cherry tomato, pickle chips, roasted red pepper, roasted tomato aioli and spring mix.
3. Season with salt and serve.