I love these wings because they are spicy, sweet and smoky all at once. They pack a big flavor punch and turn out perfectly crispy every time.
Technique tip: Spray the wings with little non-stick cooking spray before air frying; this will help crisp them up.
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 cup diced chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions, divided
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
For the sauce:
Combine tequila, agave, chipotle in adobo sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, salt and black pepper in a saucepan. Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add half of the green onions and stir.
For the chicken wings:
1. Preheat air fryer to 400 F.
2. Place wings in a large bowl and toss with lemon pepper, salt, onion powder and cornstarch, and toss wings until fully coated. Shake each wing and place in the air-fryer basket, making sure they are not touching.
3. Fry in the preheated air fryer for 10 minutes, shake basket and fry an additional 10 minutes. Flip wings over and fry until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, 7 to 8 more minutes.
4. Toss or dip the wings in the sauce and garnish with remaining chopped green onions.