- 4 acorn squash
- 2 white sweet potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Olive oil
Take a break from butternut and try mashed acorn squash with garlic and sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil over split acorn squash and season with a little salt.
- On a large baking sheet roast squash, whole sweet potato, and garlic in oven for 30 minutes. Remove garlic from pan, turn the potatoes and acorn squash. Return to the oven for another 30 minutes or until potatoes and squash are soft.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool.
- Scoop the cooked squash from shell, peel the potatoes, and scrape the roasted garlic from the skins.
- In a large heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the butter and stir until it begins to brown. As soon as it begins to brown, add the acorn squash, sweet potato, garlic, salt and sage to the pan. Mash the mixture until desired texture.
- Push the mixture to the front of the pan and over the back of the pan add the 4 teaspoons of honey and cook until it bubbles and you just begin to see foam.
- Fold the squash mixture into the honey and blend.
- Serve and enjoy!