- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons raisins, plus more for garnish
- Toasted sliced almonds, for garnish
This easy mug rice pudding is the perfect way to use up leftover takeout rice.
In a large mug, whisk the milk with the sugar, heavy cream, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Stir in the rice and the raisins. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals until thickened slightly, about 1½ to 2½ minutes total; stir between intervals. Let stand for 2 minutes, then garnish with raisins and toasted sliced almonds. Serve.