Nick Lama, chef and owner of Avo in New Orleans, gives his easy crab dip a Creole spin with the addition of Creole mustard and Tabasco.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained, rinsed and chopped)
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat (picked to removed shells)
- Salt and pepper
In a blender, add egg yolk, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest and Tabasco. Blend for 1 minute. Add green onion and parsley. Puree for 30 seconds. Begin to slowly drizzle the oil to make an emulsion. Gently fold in the capers and the crab meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep chilled and covered until ready to serve.