Grilling shrimp on skewers ensures that they cook evenly. The flavorful marinade requires only four ingredients that you likely already have at home.
- 2 pounds peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 8 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 8-10 wooden skewers
1. Soak 8 to 10 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes so they don't burn on the grill.
2. In a small bowl, add the ginger, garlic, honey and soy sauce and stir to combine.
3. Split the sauce in half: half for the marinade and half for basting the shrimp while cooking.
4. Marinate the shrimp with half of the sauce for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat a grill or grill pan.
6. Place 5 to 6 shrimp on each soaked wooden skewer.
7. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill. Cook on one side for 2 minutes. Flip the skewers, baste the shrimp with the remaining sauce and cook for 1 more minute. Using tongs, remove the skewers, plate and serve.