The rice crisps add satisfying texture to these delicious chocolate bars. With the addition of a touch of maple syrup, they serve as the perfect dessert or sweet afternoon pick-me-up that we all need throughout the day. The best part is, the bars can be made with four ingredients and don't require any special equipment or baking materials.
Technique tip: Ensure that you spread the mixture flat throughout the prepared pan so the chocolate bars will be consistent throughout. Melt the chocolate with coconut oil to ensure it is smooth and glossy.
Swap option: Use regular or gluten-free brown rice crisps.
- 1½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 cup rice crisps or brown rice crisps
1. Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan by lining with wax or parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in your microwave in 15 second increments, stirring throughout, until it is smooth and glossy. Add the maple syrup to the chocolate and stir. Now, add the rice crisps into the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
3. Transfer the chocolate-rice crisp mixture into your prepared pan and smooth it out so it is evenly distributed throughout the pan.
4. Once even, transfer to the freezer to set for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from the freezer and let thaw for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving immediately.