Up your breakfast game with this delicious recipe from Chungah Rhee from Damn Delicious. Using store-bought biscuit dough is the trick to making these amazing ooey, gooey waffled sandwiches that are filled with creamy scrambled eggs, melted cheese and savory ham.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese
- 8 slices thinly sliced ham
1. Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add eggs whisking, until they just begin to set; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
3. Separate biscuits into 8, cutting each biscuit in half lengthwise to create 16 pieces.
4. Working in batches, place biscuit halves into the waffle iron. Top with cheese, ham, eggs and remaining biscuit half. Close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.