I am a HUGE fan of anything Buffalo-style, and these meatballs do not disappoint. They're also healthier than their cousin, the Buffalo chicken wing, but equally packed with flavor.
Swap Idea: You can always use ground turkey instead of chicken!
Slow Cooker Tip: You can also place your shaped meatballs in a slow cooker, pour the sauce over them and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. This is a great way to make sure they stay warm on game day.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the hot sauce. Whisk until combined, then set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, panko, egg, onion, celery, garlic powder, salt and half of the cooled hot sauce (reserving the rest). Stir until the meatball mixture is combined.
3. Form the mixture into 24 meatballs and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the meatballs for 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour the remaining hot sauce over the meatballs, moving them around slightly to coat. Bake for another 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the Greek yogurt and blue cheese and stir to combine.
5. Serve the meatballs with the blue cheese yogurt sauce.