Salted potato chips take the place of fresh potatoes in this easy and fun baked breakfast omelet (a spin on the Spanish Tortilla Española). Swap in your favorite chip flavors to personalize it for your family.
- 12 large eggs
- 8 ounces salted potato chips (preferably kettle-cooked style)
- 1 large yellow onion
- Olive or vegetable oil, for cooking
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. In a large bowl, crack and whisk the eggs. Add the potato chips and toss well to coat, and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in an ovenproof (preferably nonstick) 10-12-inch skillet with 2-inch sides over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute just until translucent. Add the egg and potato chip mixture and let cook, stirring slightly to distribute onions and potatoes.
4. Transfer to oven and bake about 30 minutes, or until eggs are slightly puffed on edges and fully set in the center.
5. Remove from oven and turn out onto a serving platter. Slice and serve immediately.