At any given time, if you were to search in my purse or bag or car or even my laptop case (whoopsie!) you will find candy. I never leave the house without it. And not just any kind of candy….sour gummies! I have had a full on addiction to the sweet and sour treat since I was a little girl and it remains my go to snack when I need just a little something. What I love about these popsicles is not only are they bursting with flavor but I also adore the unexpected chew you get from the gummy candies. These are really fun to eat because you end up eating them to try and get to the candy. While these were crafted for my inner 8-year-old, adults are huge fans too! When I made these for a summer barbecue, the adults were going bonkers over them. While the popsicles are tart from the grapefruit soda, the candies provide a nice little sweetness. I also made these with blood orange and lemon lime soda for less of a pucker. Make them ahead of time and keep them individually wrapped in the freezer for a sweet and sour reminder of summer.
- 10 ounces grapefruit soda
- 10 ounces lemon soda
- Sweet and sour gummy candies
- 1 set of six (3-ounce) ice pop mold with sticks
1. Mix grapefruit and lemon soda in a pitcher.
2. Add at least 3 sweet and sour gummies into each mold and pour soda mixture in halfway. Freeze for 45 minutes. Add 2 more gummy candies into each mold and fill molds with remaining soda mixture. Add wooden sticks and return to freezer for 5 to 6 hours or until completely frozen.
3. To unmold, run the pop briefly under warm water to release and enjoy!