This recipe reminds me of the fish pasta special at a restaurant I used to live by, they always had a very good Alfredo and served it with salmon on top. It's also quick and I customize it based on what's in the fridge or freezer. Sometimes I add broccoli and peas, rotisserie chicken or pancetta.
Technique tip: Whisking with determination for a minute or two really brings this together fast. Also be sure to have the heavy cream room temperature before cooking.
Swap option: Store-bought Alfredo sauce works great.
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a rasp
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine
- 12-16 ounces leftover barbecue salmon (recipe above), flaked
- 2 strips bacon, crisped and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped on the bias, white and green parts
For the sauce:
In a large pan on medium heat add the garlic, heavy cream and cheese. Whisk until the cheese melts then add the pasta and stir to coat. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook covered for 8-10 minutes.
For the pasta:
Add the salmon, bacon and scallions either on top or twirled into the pasta and cream sauce. Serve warm.