If you are a teacher or principal of a 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th grade class you may be eligible for a free "Golden Compass" movie screening for your school.
“THE GOLDEN COMPASS” SCHOOL SCREENING SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. “The Golden Compass” School Screening Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by NBC Universal, Inc., 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10012 (“Sponsor”). At the end of the “Sweepstakes Period,” (defined below) a random drawing will be conducted to select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received, as more fully set forth below. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. residents physically residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (residents of Guam and Puerto Rico are excluded from entry and participation) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry and are either the principal or teacher representing a 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th grade classroom in a public or private school within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, New Line Productions, Inc. (“New Line”), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development or administration of the Contest (the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win in the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at approximately 9:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 9, 2007 through 11:59pm ET on October 26, 2007 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), log on to todayshow.com (the “Website”), click on the Sweepstakes banner (or link), follow the on-screen entry instructions and complete the Official Entry form in its entirety (including participant’s name, daytime telephone number, address, city, state, zip code, birth date, email address, and the name of the school and school grade represented). Limit one (1) entry per unique email address and/or person per calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period as determined by each entrant’s name and/or unique email address for a maximum of eighteen (18) entries for the Sweepstakes Period. Any subsequent entry received from any unique email address or person for any day during the Sweepstakes Period after the first entry received for that day will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period in order to participate. The Website’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION/ODDS: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about October 27,, 2007 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor, using randomization methods selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts within two (2) days of the drawing to contact a potential Grand Prize winner using the contact information provided at the time of entry. If Sponsor is unable to reach a potential Grand Prize winner within such time, he or she may be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected. If any potential Grand Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Grand Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
4. GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize available. The Grand Prize winner will receive a private screening (the “Screening”) for up to two hundred fifty (250) students from the Grand Prize winner’s school to view the film “The Golden Compass” (the “Film”) at a movie theater (either a Regal, AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, or MovieCo. theater), or other location, designated by New Line in it’s sole discretion, that is within thirty (30) miles of the Grand Prize winner’s school (the “Screening Site”). The Screening must take place on a Monday through Thursday (excluding holidays), and on a date designated by New Line (but which is currently expected to be between December 5 and December 31, 2007), or on such alternate date as may be set by New Line. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,500. If (i) the Grand Prize winner cannot attend the Screening on the date and at the time selected by New Line, or (ii) the Grand Prize winner’s school is not within thirty (30) miles of an appropriate location for the Screening Site, or (iii) the Grand Prize winner is unwilling, for any reason, to receive the Grand Prize as described in and in accordance with these Official Rules, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Any and all elements of the Screening will be selected and furnished by (and in the sole discretion of) New Line. All expenses not specified herein (including, without limitation, the cost of transportation for the Grand Prize winner and his or her guests to the Screening) are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/ or her guest(s). The Grand Prize winner’s guest(s) must be age appropriate for the Film. In the event the Grand Prize winner or any of his or her guests engage during the Screening in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor and/or New Line in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor and New Line reserve the right to terminate the Screening early, and send the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her guest(s) home with no further compensation. The Grand Prize winner (and/or the Screening Site) must also be willing and able to permit a crew designated by Sponsor to enter the Screening Site before, during and after the Screening and produce footage from the Screening for Sponsor and/or New Line’s use.
Admission to the film (for charity or profit) cannot be charged at the Screening. Should admission be charged, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. The Film is not yet rated (although a rating of PG-13 is anticipated). The Film may contain material that some parents consider unsuitable for their children to view. Each of the Grand Prize winner’s guests who are under the age of majority in his or her state of residence (a “minor”) must obtain written permission (in a form that is subject to approval by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) from his or her parent or legal guardian. The Grand Prize winner must also follow any policies that his or her school or school district may have in place regarding the showing of any films to an audience that includes students enrolled at the school.
No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. The Grand Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. In the event that any prize or prize component described above is not available for any reason, then remaining elements of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize winner and no additional compensation will be awarded.
The Promotion Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE PROMOTION ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Grand Prize will be awarded only if the potential Grand Prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. All details and other restrictions of any prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor and/or New Line in their sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a potential Grand Prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within three (3) days of prize notification, he or she may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Each of the Grand Prize winner’s guest(s) at the Screening will also be required to execute Prize Claim Documents prior to attendance at the Screening; the parent or legal guardian of any of the Grand Prize winner’s guests who are minors will be required to ratify and sign such Prize Claim Documents.
5. GENERAL RULES: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsors and their designees to use winner's (and Screening Attendees’) name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By participating and/or attending the Screening, entrants(i) agree to release and hold the Promotion Entities harmless against any and all claims and liability arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, or the misuse, nonuse or use of any prize or any part thereof (including any travel or activity related thereto); (ii) waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorney’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter or to attend the Screening; and (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. The Promotion Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, stolen, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual’s ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem of any kind, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled prior to the stated end date, a notice will be posted on the Website. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
6. GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S NAME. For the name of the Grand Prize winner, go to [http://www.nbc.com/Winners] afterNovember 2, 2007.
7. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants, Sponsor and the Promotion Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. If any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the breach of any term hereof, cannot be otherwise resolved, it shall be resolved by binding arbitration conducted in the County of New York, and administered by JAMS in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“the JAMS Rules”). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be an experienced arbitrator licensed to practice law in New York. The decision of the arbitrator shall be binding, final and conclusive and shall not be appealable to any court.
Motion Picture Artwork ™ & © MMVII New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.