/ Source: The Associated Press
Snakes. Guns. Violence.
Some scary stuff is universal, and even celebrities aren't immune.
Here's a look at the secret fears spooking Elijah Wood, Rob Zombie, Snoop Dogg and other stars this Halloween:
- "If the snakes come in the room, Vivica is jetting onto the other side of the room, for sure," said Vivica A. Fox. "Oh, when I was a little girl I almost got bit by one. My family is from West Point, Mississippi, so yeah, I almost got bit by one. So they're taboo. I don't bother them. They don't bother me."
- "I think it's like personal pursuits that scare me," Elijah Wood said. "You know, for an actor, I think I'm always scared by things that challenge me, things that are very different from things I've done before. Roles and experiences, working with people that I think are incredible, that sort of scares me."
- "What scares me is having a gun pointed to my head," Gerard Butler said. "It's just you never know. Is this it? Is it going to be over before I even knew it was about to begin?"
- "What scares me personally is mob rule," said "Inglourious Basterds" star Michael Fassbender. "That's the one thing that really sort of scares me in life is when people get into a frightened frenzy and they sort of join up and the mob mentality takes over. And that can be like a tidal wave, you know, like a tsunami. That's one thing that scares me. Human nature and mob rule."
- "I don't know if this is something to be scared of but one thing I find shocking is really fast, random violence," musician-director Rob Zombie said. "You know, like when you see things happen, you're like 'Oh my God,' you know. Growing up, when I moved to New York in the '80s, New York was such a violent town... I remember standing in line on 42nd Street at McDonald's and all of a sudden, this other guy stabs this other guy right in front of me. Like boom! It's like this whole bloody mess. And you're like where did that come from?"
- "When the media asks me crazy questions and I don't know how to answer them, that's what I fear," Snoop said. "But that ain't never happened, so I guess I have no fears."