The new year kicked off with a gaggle of marriages, a slew of splits and a celeb heading for rehab. Just in case you missed any of it, we've got it all right here...
RELATED: Shania Twain: "I'm in love" and "new beginnings are possible"
- While Shania Twain was tying the knot and Valerie Bertinelli was doing the same on New Year's Day, Life Unexpected star Kristoffer Polaha and his wife welcomed a son Sunday.
- Speaking of wedded bliss, newlywed Russell Brand Twitpic'd a not-so-flattering photo of new wife Katy Perry over the holiday weekend as a joke...we think.
- Meanwhile, Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach and his wife of 18 years Maria Bierk called it quits. Rocker John Mellencamp announced his split from his wife of 20 years just a day before, on Thursday.
- While LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian were barred from a New Year's Eve bash in Cabo, Kourtney Kardashian was partying it up in Miami.
- Prior to New Year's eve, Kourtney sent a warning to paps via Twitter, after they got a little too close to Mason while she walked through Miami International Airport.
- Lindsay Lohan rang in the new year with an optimistic tweet from rehab. Meanwhile, David Arquette checked himself in for alcohol-related issues, among other things.
- Former Eurythmics singer (and Christmas crooner ) Annie Lennox, guitar virtuoso Richard Thompson and Agatha Christie's Poirot star David Suchet were among celebrities who topped Queen Elizabeth II's honors list released Friday.
- After much debate (and a bit of negative feedback), Discovery Channel announced that it will no longer be broadcasting a reenactment of Michael Jackson's autopsy.
- Chuck Berry is recovering at his home in St. Louis, after falling ill on stage.