Wayne Newton, recently sidelined with a recurring heart infection, will be able to go on the road with ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” tour.
“He’s going to participate,” said Lori Jonas, Newton’s spokeswoman. “We’re not sure to what extent.”
Harrah’s Entertainment Inc. last week cited Newton’s diagnosis of cardiomyopathy, a viral infection of the heart muscle, for the cancellation of his two-month holiday engagement at Harrah’s Las Vegas.
At the time, Newton’s participation on the “Dancing With the Stars” tour was left in limbo. But the show said Tuesday that Newton’s physicians have cleared the 65-year-old singer for the December-to-February tour.
“I’m thrilled that my doctors have given me the OK to hit the road this winter and perform for all of my fans across the country,” Newton said in a statement issued by the show.
The 38-city U.S. tour begins Dec. 18.
Newton was eliminated from the dance competition last month.