With the Super Bowl less than a month away, it's time for companies to finalize their multi-million-dollar ads that have become synonymous with the high-profile game.
And for Doritos, that means it's time to vote for the user-submitted commercials that are competing in its "Crash the Super Bowl" commercial contest. From 29 semifinalists, a panel of judges (that included "Pitch Perfect 2" actress and director Elizabeth Banks) narrowed down the contest to the 10 following finalists:
1. “Doritos Angler” by James Bedford, UK
2. “Baby’s First Word” by Travis Braun, USA
3. “Selfish Sneezers” by Devon Ferguson, Canada
4. “The Lemonade Stand” by David Horowitz, USA
5. “Trouble in the Back Seat” by Jason Johnson, USA
6. “Mis-Spelling Bee” by Brian Kleinschmidt, USA
7. “What Could Go Wrong?” by Alex Pepper, USA
8. “Doritos Manchild” by Armand de Saint-Salvy, Australia
9. “When Pigs Fly” by Graham Talbot, Canada
10. “Middle Seat” by Scott Zabielski, USA
Two of the finalists will air during the Super Bowl, one that is chosen by voters on Doritos.com, and one chosen by the Doritos brand. The ad with the most voters on Doritos.com will also receive a $1 million grand prize, as well as the opportunity to work for one year as an onsite contractor at Universal Pictures. The eight finalists who do not win will receive $25,000, and the runner-up whose ad airs, but does not receive the most fan votes will receive $50,000. Each of the 10 finalists will win tickets to attend Super Bowl XLIX in Arizona and watch the game from a private suite.
You can vote for your favorite on Doritos.com starting at 9 a.m. EST through Jan. 28.