Sugarland will stage a free concert in Indianapolis on Oct. 28, 11 weeks after a stage collapse just before the duo was to perform at the Indiana State Fair killed seven people.
The country music band announced Friday that the Conseco Fieldhouse concert will be the final show of its tour and that special guest performers will be announced later.
The group was about to take the stage for an Aug. 13 concert when a strong gust of wind blew over the stage rigging. Five fans, a security guard and a stagehand died from their injuries and more than 40 other people were hurt, some seriously.
The band said donations to an assistance fund for the collapse victims will be collected during this month's show. Last month, fair officials announced a plan under which the families of those killed in the stage collapse would be able to claim $35,000 each from the fund, while those injured would be eligible for lesser amounts. The relief fund is separate from the $5 million the state has said it will pay toward legal claims to victims of the collapse. As of this week, the attorney general's office said a total of 50 legal claims had been filed.
Sugarland said tickets for the Aug. 13 show will be honored regardless of whether refunds had been received. Those fans who had tickets for the "Sugarpit" near the stage for the state fair concert will have first priority for similar tickets at this month's show.
Previous ticketholders will be able to get tickets to the new show Oct. 10-14, before they are made available to the general public on Oct. 15. Fans who bought State Fair tickets online or by phone through Ticketmaster or the State Fair will receive passwords by email or phone to redeem the same number of tickets they originally purchased. Tickets for the general public will be limited to four per household.