Take heart, “Two and a Half Men” fans. According to the show’s embattled star Charlie Sheen, it’s just a matter of time before the highly rated sitcom returns to television.
“I think we’re getting close to something,” Sheen told radio hosts from Wired 96.5 Friday morning. “I don’t want to say what, but it just feels like the worm is turning. It feels like all parties, myself excluded, are finally waking up.”
The actor spoke in more certain terms as the interview progressed.
“Absolutely the gig is coming back,” Sheen said. “And I have absolute faith in that, not hope. Hope is for suckers. I see us back on the air, with a few adjustments, and giving the people not only what they want but what they deserve.”
As for what those adjustments might be, Sheen didn’t say, but it wouldn’t be hard to guess that he’s hoping for less involvement from the sitcom’s creator and executive producer Chuck Lorre. It’s a sentiment Sheen’s shared in the past, and if his latest Lorre talk is anything to go by, he hasn’t had a change of heart about the man.
“I shouldn’t say (Chuck never gave me a compliment),” Sheen explained earlier in the interview. “Those were thrown about. I have to respect that. I will lead with nothing but the truth. But behind all of those compliments, behind all of that, there was the disdain of judgment and the stench of lies.”
Need a Sheen refresher already? Check out his week in review: