A British reporter with access to some of the biggest movie stars in the world used that position to create a fun viral video of actors and actresses congratulating his girlfriend for agreeing to marry him.
Joe Michalczuk, an entertainment reporter and film critic for Sky News, made the supercut for his fianceé, Jenny. The video features 17 celebrities sitting with Michalczuk while promoting assorted films. They deliver their congratulations with varying degrees of enthusiasm and good humor.
- Zac Efron opens the video with a blown kiss and a wink. He's followed by Emma Stone and then the stars of "The Other Woman." Cameron Diaz, Kate Upton and Leslie Mann,offer Jenny their congratulations, with Diaz adding, "You get to spend the rest of your life with this guy" — and another wink.
- In an interview with "Muppets Most Wanted" stars Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog, Michalczuk says that he's getting married in May but that he would "drop Jenny in a second" if Piggy would marry him instead. "Jenny, run for the hills, OK? This guy is no good," Piggy says.
- Samuel L. Jackson, continuing his riff about being mistaken for actor Laurence Fishburne, says, "Jenny, Laurence Fishburne wishes you a happy wedding day. Don't forget the prenup."
- Anne Hathaway puts her hand to her chest before channeling Fantine from "Les Misérables and saying, "Jenny, I dreamed a dream you'd marry Joe."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's good wish gets a bit bungled after an off-camera handler can be heard trying to stop the actor from participating.
- Kate Winslet stretches her arms out to her sides in "Titanic" fashion and asks Jenny if she feels like she's flying. She then gives the camera two thumbs up.
- Hugh Jackman is the last celeb on the video and he delivers the most impassioned message. "Jenny, you left all those incredible Australian men for this," he deadpanned. He changes his tone when he realizes it's too late and says, "You picked the best guy, seriously he's awesome, and you guys are gonna be so happy together."
Michalczuk tweeted on Sunday that he surprised his now-wife with the video at their wedding and he wouldn't be online for a bit because he was off on his honeymoon.
Take a bow, all you game celebs.
Follow Kurt Schlosser on Google+