IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Report: Sheen set to return to 'Men' on Feb. 28

While the network had initially planned on airing eight more episodes of the hit sitcom this season, only four more episodes will be shot once Charlie and the rest of the cast and crew return.
/ Source: Access Hollywood

The hiatus is almost over — Charlie Sheen now knows when he’ll be back at work.

Production on CBS’ “Two and a Half Men” will resume on Feb. 28, according to The Hollywood Reporter and Entertainment Weekly.

While the network had initially planned on airing eight more episodes of the hit sitcom this season, only four more episodes will be shot once Charlie and the rest of the cast and crew return.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, the show has been on what Charlie called a “forced hiatus” since the actor began an at-home rehab program on Jan. 28.

In a new interview with “The Dan Patrick Show” earlier this week, the actor correctly predicted the date of his return to the set — sort of.

“I believe August of 2014 at this pace. I don’t know. It’s supposed to be [February] 28 or 29. That’s what it is — the 29th in a non leap year,” Sheen said on the nationally syndicated radio program, when asked when he expected to get back to work.

During a follow-up interview with the show on Wednesday, the embattled actor said executives from the network showed up on his doorstep and informed him of the hiatus.

“People need to understand how supremely grateful I am that someone stepped in here. I don’t want to say who, but you know, basically, Viacom showed up at my house and said ‘Dude, it’s getting really obvious and we’re really worried about you. We don’t give a rat’s tooey about the show, we care about your health,’ ” Sheen told show host Dan Patrick. “So, they came in and just man to man and said ‘We have to shut it down.’”