Eternal love goes a long way.
A year after Twilight lit the flame, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse was named Favorite Movie at the 37th Annual People's Choice Awards, capping off a great (or incredibly awkward and annoying) night for Favorite Movie Actress Kristen Stewart and a so-so one for Robert Pattinson, who lost out on Favorite Movie Actor for the second straight year to Johnny Depp.
Kristen Stewart, seated between Taylor Lautner and R.Pattz (the trio were also winners for Favorite On-Screen Team) in the audience, looked smashing as usual, but gave another one of her "What are you talking about?" speeches in accepting her solo award.
"We're making Breaking Dawn now, and yeah..." she trailed off, letting the applause finish her sentence.
But that's what the people wanted to see!
For this go-around, fans voted online for their favorites in 45 categories spanning movies, TV, music and online entertainment. Though they only got to see a few of them handed out tonight while CBS aired a very long Cover Girl commercial, a record 175 million votes were cast this year. And some really big names had projects to promote, so the fans were duly rewarded with a good showing by the celebs.
Eminem, along with Eclipse and House , was the winningest single entity of the night with four awards, including Favorite Male Artist, Favorite Song and Music Video for "Love the Way You Lie" with Rihanna, and Favorite Hip-Hop Artist. Katy Perry was named Favorite Female Artist and Online Sensation.
Taylor Swift was unsurprisingly named Favorite Country Artist.
"I want to thank you so much for always being people who I can count on," the 21-year-old crossover star said. (Unlike some people, perhaps?)
Depp, fresh from The Tourist and Alice in Wonderland (and nominated for Golden Globes for both), was named Favorite Movie Actor for the second year in a row, calling it a "stupefying honor because it comes from the people"--but not before giving a shout-out to Swift, who presented him with the award.
"My daughter said if I didn't say hi to you I would be in big trouble," he told the singer. "So, 'hi' from my daughter." (She may not have gotten the guy this week, but what a consolation prize!)
The all-inclusive kudosfest was so inclusive, we even felt the love over here as E!'s Keeping Up With the Kardashians beat out Jersey Shore, Real Housewives of New Jersey and a couple others for Favorite TV Guilty Pleasure, which is apparently what they're calling reality shows these days.
"We really have the best job in the world," Kim Kardashian, onstage with Kourtney and the newly titian-tressed Khlo said in thanks.
The trio were also targeted in the audience by perennial People's Choice host Queen Latifah, who congratulated them on their "success and weddings and babies and just straight pimpin' and gettin' that money!" She also got them to admit that, as always, they had fought on the way to the show but had already made up.
In the scripted TV department, House was Favorite TV Drama and stars Hugh Laurie and Lisa Edelstein, who snapped a photo of the crowd with her phone, were Favorite TV Drama Actor and Actress. Laurie was top TV Doctor, as well.
Glee and star Jane Lynch were Favorite TV Comedy and Comedy Actress, while Neil Patrick Harris, who adorably thanked longtime partner David Burtka for being "a phenomenal man and an even better dad," was Favorite TV Comedy Actor.
Hawaii 5-0 was named Favorite New TV Drama and the widely panned $#*! My Dad Says was named Favorite New TV Comedy. Well $#*!!
Demi Lovato, busy getting better in Chicago, won in absentia for Favorite TV Guest Star for her spot on Grey's Anatomy.
The people also loved them some Conan O'Brien, naming him Favorite Talk Show Host and forcing him to crouch to reach the microphone.
"It goes up at the Oscars!" he shouted in mock outrage before thanking "everybody who made what could have been a horrible year one of the greatest years of my life."
Here's the list of the winners from the 37th Annual People's Choice Awards:
- Favorite Movie: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse- Movie Actor: Johnny Depp- Movie Actress: Kristen Stewart- Action Movie: Iron Man 2- Action Star: Jackie Chan- Drama Movie: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse- Family Movie: Toy Story 3- Comedy Movie: Grown Ups- Comedic Star: Adam Sandler- On-Screen Team: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner- Movie Star Under 25: Zac Efron- Horror Movie: A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Favorite TV Drama: House- TV Drama Actor: Hugh Laurie - TV Drama Actress: Lisa Edelstein
- TV Comedy: Glee- TV Comedy Actor: Neil Patrick Harris- TV Comedy Actress: Jane Lynch- TV Competition Show: American Idol- TV Crime Drama: Lie to Me- TV Crime Fighter: Tim Roth, Lie to Me- Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show: Fringe- Talk Show Host: Conan O'Brien- TV Obsession: Dexter- TV Guilty Pleasure: Keeping Up With the Kardashians- TV Guest Star: Demi Lovato, Grey's Anatomy- TV Doctor: Hugh Laurie- TV Family: The Simpsons- Family TV Movie: Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam- TV Chef: Rachael Ray- New TV Comedy: $#*! My Dad Says- New TV Drama: Hawaii 5-0
- Favorite Song: "Love the Way You Lie," Eminem featuring Rihanna - Favorite Male Artist: Eminem- Female Artist: Katy Perry- Rock Band: Paramore- Breakout Artist: Selena Gomez &the Scene- Pop Artist: Rihanna- Country Artist: Taylor Swift- R&B Artist: Usher- Hip-Hop Artist: Eminem- Music Video: "Love the Way You Lie," Eminem featuring Rihanna
- Online Sensation: Katy Perry- Viral Video Star: "Single Ladies" Devastation, the Whittaker family