Get the latest from TODAY
Penelope Cruz is just like us!
Cruz, who plays an Interpol special agent in the upcoming "Zoolander 2," joined Savannah Guthrie on TODAY Wednesday and talked careers, shopping for diapers and even how she feels about her feet.
The whole interview was a series of relatable moments, but a few stand out:
- Cruz has mixed feelings about her feet, since ballet took its toll on her toenails: "I'm OK with my feet," she said. But she didn't stop there: "I don't know if they are pretty. I think they are normal."
- Acting isn't the only career option for Cruz. She has a knack for cutting hair. "My mother is a hairdresser so I grew up spending a couple of hours a day in a hair salon. Hairdressing "is also like being a spy in a psychiatrist's office because all the women were there sharing their deepest secrets," she said, adding, "It was the best acting school for me."
- She loves animals! When she first moved to Los Angeles, Cruz would befriend stray cats and dogs, but would gift them to friends instead of bringing them home.
- Cruz goes on diaper runs, just like every other mom. She was out shopping for diapers when she got the call from Ben Stiller offering her a role in "Zoolander 2."
- Modeling in front of a crowd makes her nervous. The "Zoolander" characters walked the runway in character at Tuesday night's premiere, and Cruz wasn't so excited about it. "It was delirious," but she was comforted by the fact that she was walking in character: "I had that protection. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said yes."
Maybe Cruz isn't exactly us, but it's fun to think she kind of is!