Paris Hilton says she isn’t giving up “The Simple Life” just yet.
“We’re shooting Nov. 1,” said the 24-year-old hotel heiress, who had a front-row seat at the Louis Verdad fashion show Sunday. “All the networks are fighting over it.”
Fox said last week it had canceled the reality show starring Hilton and Nicole Richie. The network said its midseason schedule didn’t have a time slot for a fourth season of the show, prompting speculation the feuding ex-friends no longer proved compatible.
Hilton said she and Richie will continue working on “The Simple Life” because other networks want it.
Last week, 20th Century Fox Television, the studio that produces the show, said it hopes “The Simple Life” will move to another network — with Hilton and Richie.
“We believe this series ... is still a dynamic and valuable franchise,” the studio said. “We hope to be able to announce a new network partner in the coming days.”
Bunim-Murray Productions, which produces the show with 20th Century Fox, also released a hopeful statement: “We’re very excited about the creative plans for the next group of episodes, and are confident this situation will be remedied quickly.”
Hilton’s friend Kimberly Stewart, Rod Stewart’s 26-year-old daughter, dismissed as “rumor” reports that she had been touted as a replacement for Richie.
But Stewart was coy about doing a future project with Hilton, telling reporters Sunday, “You never know.”
In April, Hilton issued a terse statement saying it was “no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends. Nicole knows what she did, and that’s all I’m ever going to say about it.”
Hilton has given no reason for the split.