Meghan Trainor was only 20 when her first hit, "All About That Bass," went to No. 1 in 58 countries. She then went on to win the Grammy for Best New Artist, and from there, the rest is history.
The songstress joined TODAY Friday and shared some super surprising tidbits about her personal life. We've selected our favorites below!
1. She writes every song she records.
And she likes to be seen as a songwriter first and a pop star second.
2. She began writing songs around age 11.
"I thought, all the pop stars were doing it, so I was like, if I'm gonna be a pop star, I gotta start writing now!" she told Hoda. Her first full song was a wedding song about her aunt and uncle getting married to the tune of "Heart and Soul."
3. She's never broken a bone.
But she came close on The Tonight Show on Thursday.
4. She's had pierced ears since she was 4.
Fabulous since day one.
5. Her favorite song to perform is "Like I'm Gonna Lose You."
"It's emotional. But "Bass" is still No. 1 ... [the crowd] knows every single word."
6. Meghan is the writer behind many popular songs other than the ones she sings herself.
Among them: "Ain't Your Mama" by Jennifer Lopez, "Sledgehammer" by Fifth Harmony, "DJ Tonight" by Rascal Flatts and "I Like the Sound of That" by Rascal Flatts.
7. She once failed her driver's test.
8. One of her favorite films is "Just Friends" with Ryan Reynolds.
And we can't blame her.
9. She LOVES to dance.
10. She's still single... and looking!
Mr. Right, are you out there? (Note: No treble. Trebles need not apply.)
11. And did we mention she would date a fan?
At least, that's what she told us Friday. Line up, gentlemen! (You might be able to get up close and personal at one of her next concerts. Find her tour dateshere!)