ABC’s “Nightline” in the post-Ted Koppel era will include two holdovers from the old show in reporters Chris Bury and John Donvan, while adding CBS’s Vicki Mabrey, the network said Monday.
Koppel signs off Tuesday after 25 years on the nightly news program he originated. A new “Nightline,” split between New York and Washington with Martin Bashir, Cynthia McFadden and Terry Moran as hosts, debuts Nov. 28.
Bury has been a “Nightline” correspondent since 1993 and substitute host. He was Koppel’s choice to succeed him, but ABC News chose otherwise. Donvan, also a frequent substitute host, has been with “Nightline” since 1998.
Mabrey was a correspondent on “60 Minutes II” since its inception in 1999 until it was canceled at the end of last season.
Jeremy Schaap of ESPN, who has recently done some sports stories for “Nightline,” will continue, said James Goldston, the show’s new executive producer. Other contributors, including Jake Tapper, will also stay.
Current “Nightline” correspondent Michele Martin will be leaving the show but staying at ABC News. Veteran reporter Dave Marash announced last week on his Web log that he had been cut loose.
“What’s next?” Marash wrote. “I honestly don’t know yet, but I hope I will stay in the community of newspeople, and will see and work with many of you in the future.”